Friday, October 24, 2008

Project 3 - Treasuring Time: Bowling Score

The idea behind my design was for the user to be able to record their highest 10 pin bowling score as well as their last played game so they can see if they have improved over time.

As well as having this, there is a mini bowling alley on top for people to play around with. I have kept to the red and white bowling colours. Magnets are placed over the numbers to show the scores.




5 comments:

The Social Log said...

time is treasured in so many ways and improving on ones ability is a interesting and different twist on treasuring time. i think it would be a great product for competitive individuals who would treasure improvement and beating their competitor. I like it :)

Dave said...

Its an interesting concept. Making a small game around a score keeper, and the novelty of it is the sort of thing that sells well. However selling it for the purpose of 'treasuring' the time of a real game of bowling i see a bit challenging, as first impressions would suggest score keeping is for the toy game on top. Perhaps the score board could be bigger so that it looked more prominant or obvious. The colours look great, and its a fun object to have sitting around.

Mina Chung said...

hi Toby. I think it is really awesome idea. It captures especially the moment of bowling games. Even you make appearance, it seems enough to sell in market. However, It would nicer to see your real model and see how it works.Anyway good job :)

Chris Bull said...

Your model looked great and I think this is an interesting concept.The idea of keeping your own private score board intrigues me as I can only see it harboring deep competition, especially when you have to mark up when you lost.
Doesn't the runner-up in a bowling comp have to drink a beer from the winners shoe? thats worth keeping track of for sure.

mike_mac said...

g able to have a scorecard that you would keep with you, and not jsut throw away, like a piece of paper will help you to always improve, and also make you remeber thos games that you have played. Whether they be good or bad. I think that it is a pretty cool concept, I wasnt able to see your presentation, which would have been good to see, but the idea of having it as something that can just be there on your desk, makes you also remeber about it.